These Event Terms & Conditions apply to attendance at, or participation in, any Event hosted or organized by Open Lotus Productions and/or Stacy Zemon (“Providers”), including in-person Events, online Events, and trainings (each, an “Event”).
Attendee also confirms that she/he/they are of legal age to be bound by them and participate in the Event. The Provider reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Attendee must accept these terms and conditions to participate in an Event held by Provider.
1. Age Requirements: Attendee must be 18 years of age or older to participate in an Event or obtain permission from her/his/their parent or legal guardian.
2. Registration: The Provider’s receipt of registration, deposit, or payment does not necessarily constitute acceptance. Payments that are not accepted will be returned. If Provider requests that Attendee sign an Event liability waiver, the Attendee must comply, or the Provider will have the right to terminate participation and return any deposit or payment that has been made.
3. Payment: The deposit or full payment indicated is due at the time Attendee registers for an Event through the Provider’s website. If making a deposit, Attendee must remit the balance due by the date indicated or she/he will be considered in default of these Event Terms & Conditions. In this eventuality, Attendee will forfeit any deposit, and the Provider will have the right to terminate participation.
4. Cancellations & Refunds: Cancellations for Events can be made up to 14 business days prior to the start of an Event. If the Attendee has not canceled attendance within the required amount of time, the Attendee will forfeit any and all payments made. If an Attendee cancels her/his attendance within the required time frame, the Provider will issue a full refund of any payments made unless a notification clearly states “non refundable deposit.”
5. Assumption of Risk at Events: Attendee is responsible for her/his/their actions during an Event, and attendance is entirely voluntary. Attendee assumes all risks associated with event participation and, to the greatest extent permitted by law, waives any claim against the provider, its employees, directors, representatives, and agents relating to an event, including claims for personal injury or property damage, for yourself and your legal and personal representatives.
6. Standard of Conduct at Events: To help us provide the best Event experience for everyone, Attendees are expected to be respectful and considerate. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to: harassment; discrimination; lewd, provocative, or offensive behavior toward Event Attendees, organizers, or others; offensive and/or inappropriate language, symbols, or graphics on chat, Q&A, message boards, and other online Event components; disturbing the peace; committing any fraudulent or unlawful act; destruction or vandalizing of property; possession of weapons or illegal substances; failure to abide by the rules of the venue or instructions of the Provider; interference with Event operations; unauthorized copying or reproducing of Event materials; or unauthorized harvesting of Event Attendee or organizer information. In response to unacceptable behavior, the provider may take whatever reasonable action it deems appropriate, including expulsion from an event without refund and the involvement of law enforcement. Please report any violations of these standards to the Provider.
7. Personal Release: Attendee acknowledges and agrees that Provider (and/or others acting on Provider’s behalf) may record and broadcast an Event via photos, videos, webcasting, streaming, audio recording, or other means (“Recording”), and that Attendee’s image, likeness, voice, words, and other identifying characteristics (“Image”) may be captured in such recordings. Attendee agrees to the recordings and consents to the Provider’s use of recordings. Attendee irrevocably grants Provider and its agents, contractors, licensees, and designees, and their respective successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, translate, display, perform, and otherwise exploit recordings and your image, in whole or in part, in any media format and through any media channel, in any manner and for any purpose in connection with Provider’s business, including an Event or similar Events, and for any other lawful purpose. Attendee waives and releases all rights to privacy and publicity, and any claim to compensation or damages or for violation of intellectual property rights, in connection with the recordings and/or any advertising or publicity relating thereto.
8. Compliance with Laws: The Provider makes every effort to comply with government ethics and gift laws and rules. Attendee certifies that registering for and participating in an event does not violate the laws of Attendee’s state or home country, as well as the internal policies and laws governing it.
9. Security: The Provider reserves the right to take any reasonable measures to ensure the security of an Event, its attendees, and its organizers. The Provider is an Event organizer and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or deny access to an Event to any entity or individual.
10. Limitation of Liability: Except as otherwise set forth in these terms and conditions, Attendee’s participation in an Event and all services, information, and materials provided in connection with an Event are furnished by the Provider and/or its respective suppliers “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind, and the Provider and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties, including all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied, or statutory, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
To the greatest extent permitted by law, Provider and/or its respective suppliers will not be liable for any personal injury, property loss or damage, or other loss, including any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, special, or exemplary damages arising out of or related to this agreement, participation in an Event, or the services, information, or materials provided in connection with an Event. This exclusion applies regardless of the legal theory for the claim and even if the party is advised of the possibility of such damages. The maximum aggregate liability of Provider, its directors, officers, affiliates, agents, and representatives for any losses, damages, or actions arising from an Event will not exceed the amount of any event deposit paid to Provider by the Attendee.
11. Force Majeure: If Provider is unable to carry out its obligations due to any cause beyond its control, including, but not limited to, riots, wars, or hostilities within or between nations; acts of God; fires, storms, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters; disease, epidemics, pandemics, or health emergencies; the failure of any third party to deliver goods or services; or power line failures.
12. Downloadable Content (an “Asset”): If Attendee downloads an asset made available by the Provider, the Provider grants a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to view that asset for personal use only. The Attendee agrees not to reproduce, distribute, transmit, or create derivative works from the assets. Assets and the information contained within are provided by the Provider “as-is” without warranties of any kind. In addition to the requirements in this section, Attendee further agrees to these terms and conditions. For purposes of the Pennsylvania Consumer Privacy Act (the “CDPA”), Attendee specifically certifies that she/he/they understand and will comply with all contractual restrictions of the CDPA and that Attendee will not “sell” the personal information (as “sell” is defined under the CDPA).
If you have any questions about these Event Terms & Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.